A charitable bequest is one of the easiest and most flexible ways that you can leave a gift through Catholic Community Foundation of Minnesota (CCF) that will make a lasting impact.
Benefits of a Bequest
- Receive an estate tax charitable deduction
- Reduce the burden of taxes on your family
- Leave a lasting legacy to charity
How a Bequest Works
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an attorney, you can make a bequest using a beneficiary designation form.
Ways to Leave a Bequest Through CCF
- Include a bequest to CCF in your will or revocable trust
- Designate CCF as a full, partial or contingent beneficiary of your retirement account (IRA, 401(k), 403(b), or pension)
- Name CCF as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy
A Bequest May be Made in Several Ways
- Percentage bequest - make a gift of a percentage of your estate
- Specific bequest - make a gift of a specific dollar amount or a specific asset
- Residual bequest - make a gift from the balance or residue of your estate
If you have any questions about leaving a bequest, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you. We would like to recognize you and your family for your generosity.