Charitable Gift Annuity
You may be tired of living at the mercy of the fluctuating stock and real estate markets. A charitable gift annuity is a gift made through your fund at the Catholic Community Foundation of Minnesota (CCF) that can provide you with a secure source of fixed payments for life.
Benefits of a Charitable Gift Annuity
- Receive fixed payments to you or another annuitant you designate for life.
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity.
- Benefit from payments that may be partially tax free.
- Diversify your charitable giving through a CGA with CCF.
How a Charitable Gift Annuity Works
- You transfer cash or property to CCF.
- In exchange, we promise to pay fixed payments to you for life. Payments are determined based on your age and a portion of each payment may even be tax free.
- You will receive a charitable income tax deduction for the gift portion of the annuity.
- You also receive satisfaction, knowing that you will be helping the causes closest to your heart.
If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity payment will be tax free. You may also make a gift of appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
If you have any questions about charitable gift annuities, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer your questions.